This program is available at no cost to students, underwritten by generous grant funding.
Lunch is included, sponsored by the Kulia grant and the Castle High School Cafeteria Federal Summer Lunch
Students may earn 1 elective credit, ‘Work-Study Course’ and $330 stipend for work experience for
improving the farm laboratories at Castle HS
• Complete 120 instruction hours
• Complete 30 paid work hours
• Complete learning assessments to earn credit
• Complete evaluation surveys.
• Involve your ‘ohana in family events
• Ho‘iho‘i: volunteer to give back at community
You will engage in these activities and develops skills in:
• Hawaiian History & Cultural Studies
• Archaeology: GPS mapping, documenting
• Agronomy / Horticulture
• Sustainable farming
• Geology, rock structures and types
• Botany/ Ethno-Botany, and Plant Ecology
• Student Symposium, Presentations
HAWAIIAN AGRICULTURE TECHNOLOGIES
• Design & build aquaculture and aquaponic
laboratories, lo’i terraces
• Water quality testing and characteristics
• Water engineering streams, springs
13 young leaders assembled from around the state launched the AIM for Youth Project, a new statewide youth leadership program addressing racial inequality and engaging youth in public civic opportunities, at the Hawaii Capitol on Dec. 17, 2013.
“This project seeks to establish a statewide network and provide resources and mentorship opportunities for young leaders, ages 16 to 25,” — Richard Medeiros of the Pacific American Foundation, project coordinator.
If you are 18-24 years old, Windward, Oahu (from Kahuku to Waimanalo) and an emerging leader (or want to be one!) you are invited to apply to Kamalama!
Why be part of a fantastic team of young leaders?
- Strengthen yourself in culture & community
- Discover your top 5 career pathways
- Discover your top leadership strengths and create a personal leadership development plan
- Grow your network of community collaborators and partners
- Further your career potential through paid internship/apprenticeship
- Learn financial literacy and writing skills for applications for scholarships and college writing