UPDATED COVID POLICY – September 13, 2021
To comply with the Governor’s proclamation, provide a safe environment for students and staff, and support the Department’s 3-1-1 initiative, the Hawaii State Department of Education (Department) is requiring all employees to be tested for COVID-19 using a PCR (NAAT) test or an antigen test for a 72 hour clearance. As a contractor for the Department of Education, providing services on DOE campuses to DOE students, PAF is required to follow this mandate.
This policy applies to all Employees, Contractors, Volunteers, and anyone interacting with students in-person, face to face activity, (hereinafter “PAF Personnel.”) This policy will be updated to reflect current State of Hawaiʻi, Honolulu City and County, DOE, and University of Hawaiʻi compliance.
- All PAF Personnel,” SHALL attest and provide proof of full vaccination status. Any PAF Personnel that are not fully vaccinated SHALL provide proof of negative COVID testing results from an approved testing site on a 72 hour basis, per current mandates in effect at this time.
- Proof of vaccine or negative testing SHALL be uploaded to PAF’s secure electronic portal www.thepaf.org/vaxupload. Digital copies of documents in pdf, jpg, or png formats may be uploaded as proof of status. Confidentiality is a priority; this information may need to be shared with the Department of Education as requested to comply with their mandate. Your upload of your documentation is your agreement to this condition. If you need vaccine information, visit https://hawaiicovid19.com or to find out how to replace your misplaced or damaged vaccination card you can find information at I’ve misplaced my CDC Vaccination Record Card.
- All PAF Personnel shall also perform a daily wellness checker. If you’ve had CLOSE CONTACT (within 6 feet of a person for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24 hour period) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, you must take the following action:
- If you are vaccinated – Wear a mask for 14 days in public settings. Monitor for symptoms and quarantine if you have any symptoms. Get COVID test 3 – 5 days after exposure, wear mask until you have a negative test.
- If you are not fully vaccinated – MANDATORY QUARANTINE.
Mahalo for your patience and understanding in this challenging time for all of us!
‘A’ohe hana nui ke alu ia, No task is too great if all pull together!